Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's a JUNGLE Out There!

Today, Emma's class went on a field trip to Grapevine Mills Mall. This was Emma's first field trip, so I took off work so I could join in the fun. Since I was going, we just met everyone there instead of dropping her off at school to ride the bus over. It was so nice to finally officially meet some of her friends' parents. We all met up right outside the Rainforest Cafe and when we walked up to it, Emma said "jungle." I love how she is really starting to generalize and become more interested in her environment!


Once the bus arrived and her friends were inside, we took some pictures and started walking around. Emma was not in the mood to be in her stroller and wanted to touch so many things as we walked around. Instead, she ended up being passed around for almost every adult to take turns carrying her because she was leaning and reaching to see so many people. It was so exciting for me to see her so interested in meeting people she didn't know very well (the other parents)! It doesn't hurt that it also gave my arms a break from carrying around my adorable twenty-nine pound munchkin.

Looking at the sharks with her teacher.
Once we reached the food court, we stopped to ride on the carousel! This was the first time Emma had been on one, but I figured she might like the horse since she was enjoying her rides on Pooh Bear at SpiritHorse so much more now. She didn't seem comfortable on the horse and kept trying to get in my lap so we moved to a small carriage for the ride.

Sitting on the horse with Mommy.
Enjoying the ride!
Once the ride was over, it was snack time for all the kids. Emma had some yogurt and then we said goodbye to all her friends from school. While it would have been nice to stay and spend the entire day with all her friends, she was ready for nap time and I had to get to work. But we made some wonderful memories while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment