Friday, February 6, 2015

Her HEART is so SMART!

We got the absolute best news on Wednesday at Emma's cardiology appointment. Her doctor told us that the hole in her heart was gone- her heart had healed itself and she would not need surgery to correct the defect! My lucky little bug was given the best early birthday present we could have hoped for and I'm still on cloud 9 trying to find my footing.

While this is exactly the news that we had been hoping we would get at some point, I wasn't expecting to hear it at this appointment. After the tears of joy filled my eyes, my heart melted as I gave her the biggest hug I could. As for Emma's AMAZING heart, I am again inspired by how strong she is as she continues to face adversity with a grace unmatched by anyone I have every known and a smile that lights up my world.

To celebrate, we had a heart cake and will be making her a heart pillow. Here is the cake, but the pillow is still under construction for now. I'll add it when it is finished.


Pay no attention to the huge Minion balloon in the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment