Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I have not forgotten.

September 11, 2001


Eleven years ago today, I woke up in my college dorm room and began to get ready for class. Then, at 7:46 AM, the world stopped. Each year on this day, I remember that the freedom I have is not free and that others have fallen to ensure I can continue. I am grateful to those that have lost their lives and respect those that continue to fight. Now that I'm a parent, their efforts mean so much more to me.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I tend to focus on the positive in most situations. Today, I focus on things that inspire me. A family member sent this story to me - it is a prime example of what I feel is important to think about today. This story is of a bald eagle that was injured by the hands of one person and healed by the hands of another. It is wonderful to see, on this day, the mascot of our country teaching us this important lesson: to rebuild, start by fixing things that others have broken, one piece at a time.

http://vimeo.com/15184546

No comments:

Post a Comment